January 11, 2012


better late than never....Top Songs of 2011

2011 was a wild ride of a year. Started the year off with the passing of my Dad (still tough to swallow sometimes) on the 23rd of January. I was blessed with the chance to go to Cali for his memorial service and see friends and family that I haven't seen in a while. (Isaiah 40:28-31).

Cayden turned two in May and well....our second son Sawyer was born in June. Both have been a joy and absolute blessing. Cayden, you are our little man! You are brave and smart and amaze mommy and I every day! Sawyer...slow down and stop blasting through life so quick..geez. You are precious in so many ways and have a wonderful personality! And Rebecca, oh my sweet wife. Thank you....thank you, thank you...I love you so much. You make heart burst with joy when I see you. You are a great mother and balance me in ways I never knew I needed. I know my mom prayed for you when I was just a young boy to come into my life and I thank God everyday that he picked you.

OK...enough with the crying....Music, music. I could listen all day to music, (I pretty much did when I was a kid, thanks mom!) but then I might look like one of those kids with headphones on that's trying to shut out the world around them when music should enhance the world around us. (Psalms 98:4) This list is what I found myself coming back to and listening to over and over again the past year. Both the boys love good music and Cayden helped me pick some of the songs for this list. Please enjoy my favs of 2011 and I look forward to all the wonderful new music and new bands that 2012 holds. Enjoy and God bless!

Jeremy



Circuital | My Morning Jacket | www.mymorningjacket.com

Somebody that I Used to Know | Gotye | www.gotye.com

Never Tear Us Apart | The Great Book of John | www.thegreatbookofjohn.com
(Representing Alabama)

King of Diamonds | Motopony | www.motoponymusic.com

Second Chance | Peter, Bjorn & John | www.peterbjornandjohn.com

Burn It Down | Sims | www.doomtree.net/sims

Ethiopia | Red Hot Chili Peppers | www.redhotchilipeppers.com

Civilian | Wye Oak | www.wyeoakmusic.com

Barton Hollow | The Civil Wars | www.thecivilwars.com

Lost in My Mind | The Head And The Heart | www.theheadandtheheart.com

Raindrops on the Kitchen Floor | Mason Jennings | www.masonjennings.com

Make Some Noise | Beastie Boys | www.beastieboys.com

Helena Beat | Foster the People | www.fosterthepeople.com

Lament | Mount Moriah | www.mountmoriahband.com

Baby Missiles | The War on Drugs | www.thewarondrugs.net

Warm Shadow | Fink | www.finkworld.co.uk

Settling It Off | Peter Wolf Crier | www.peterwolfcrier.com

Will Do | TV on the Radio | www.tvontheradio.com

Up Up Up | GIVERS | www.giversband.com

Wandering Star | POLIÇA | www.thisispolica.com

Hold On | Alabama Shakes | alabamashakes.bandcamp.com
(Representing Alabama)

The Grand Experiment | Doomtree | www.doomtree.net

Horses | Night Moves | www.nightmovesband.com

Listen Through Me | Thrice | www.thrice.net

Cowboy | Zun Zun Egui | www.zunzunegui.org

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...