August 4, 2014


low rider.

LowRider

Y'all. I just can't even with this child. When Cayden was three, and other mamas were talking about their kiddos having multiple personalities, I had no idea what they were talking about. Cayden was an awesome three year old. (He's still an awesome five year old who starts school this week. Hold me?)

Sawyer's been three for just a little over a month. And I get it. Hot and cold. The sweetest and the rudest. The term "threenager" is completely appropriate for him. And Jeremy and I aren't entirely sure how to handle it. So we're doing the best we can.

The thing is, I think it's easy to forget with the second child (and I'm sure subsequent children), that they aren't as old as the first one. I think we expect too much from him sometimes and we're constantly having to remind ourselves that he's only three. He's already dressing himself completely? Awesome. But when he tells us that he can't do it the next day, maybe all he needs is a little extra attention.

It's draining. And confusing. And we never really know which personality we're going to get when Sawyer wakes up each day. But then little man is SO goofy and silly, that we all fall into fits of laughter. And things are good.

1 comment:

molly said...

Brigham, my second, is the same way. I have no idea what to expect with him on any given day. He's like his mama, lol ;) Oh, is he entertaining though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...