June 13, 2016


cayden: last day of first grade.

Cayden_LastDay1st_3
Cayden_LastDay1st
Cayden_FirstLastDay1st

It may seem like I have it together over here, what with crafting and everything last week. But truth? Cayden's been out of school for almost three weeks. And I took his last day of school pictures this past Saturday. So, while it looks like we have it together, there's a little honesty for you. Ha!

Anyway, first grade was awesome for Cayden. With our move last summer, it was a new school system for him, so I think we were all a little anxious going in. Thankfully we did have friends in Helena already, so we had a few familiar faces around. And that always makes things easier.

Cayden excelled in first grade. I know every parent thinks their own kid is super-smart, and it's no different for us. And the things they're teaching in first grade now! Like adding and subtracting and telling the time on clock faces. And the amount and style of reading... Y'all, I know I wasn't learning this much in first grade! Speaking of reading, to move on to second grade, our school requires that the kids be reading at a Level J. Cayden left first grade reading at a Level L! He's already completed one chapter book this summer already, and almost has his second one done. I love that he loves to read and I'm hoping this is something that sticks with him forever.

Let's not even discuss the child we sent to school on the first day of first grade. The big kid that came out of first grade doesn't even compare! And those freckles on his nose in that first photo? I get so excited when another ones pops up...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...