April 16, 2017


easter, 2017.

EasterFun_1
EasterFun_2
EasterFun_3
EasterFun_4
EasterFun_5
EasterFun_6
EasterFun_7
EasterFun_8
EasterFun_9
EasterFun_10

The Easter bunny came! And after an initial meltdown where Graham thought that Tatum's basket was his – y'all, he was ridiculously upset that his basket didn't have the same things that his brother's had in it (except it was Tatum's basket he was looking at!) – all went really well! The kids even slept in past six... which is an Easter miracle all on its own.

After digging through their baskets to see what came, we got ready for church and headed out the door. Jeremy was able to shoot a few quick photos of the kids while I got myself dressed. Church on Easter Sunday is always so emotional. I just get overwhelmed with all the feelings. Sadness, and then unbelievable joy. Can you even imagine what it would have been like to be there that day? I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Amazing is the only word that I can think of. Well, and maybe really, really weird, but mostly amazing.

I think most churches have a flower cross somewhere on their property for Easter morning. Of all the years we've been to church here, we've never once taken the time to have our photo with the cross. And I'm really glad that changed this year. New tradition? Most definitely.

After church, we headed to my mom and dad's for a delicious lunch. Tatum chowed down on her own little feast – mac & cheese is her new favorite. Although she did really seem to enjoy the green beans too. A fun egg hunt in my parents back yard followed – they have some excellent hiding places at their new place.

We were also able to shoot some more family photos. I have no idea what Graham was doing with his leg in the photo of me with the kiddos; it had me laughing ridiculously hard. I love this little family. And I love getting to celebrate these special holidays with them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...