January 30, 2014


the circus.

Elephants
Ringmaster
Circus_Boys

This past weekend we took the boys to the circus for the first time. Well, Nana and Pop took us as a part of our Christmas present, and y'all, such a great idea for a present. The experience of watching our boys (and our niece and nephew) enjoy the circus was worth so much more than a toy. I mean, in the opening act I was completely overwhelmed with how magical it was. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry... so I kind of did both. That ::may:: have just a tiny bit to do with hormones, but whatevs, it. was. awesome.

We let the boys pick out one thing each to have as a souvenir – completely expecting them to pick out one of those whirly-twirly light up toys (that cost a million dollars each!) – but Cayden picked out a motorcycle toy that pops wheelies and didn't cost a million dollars. And because big brother picked that out, so did Sawyer. So proud of those cuties for picking something that they play with. Did I mention that they're red and blue? Because they are. And Cayden reminds me constantly that he picked it because those are his favorite colors. Thank you circus for designing something cheaper in my son's favorite colors!

Anyway, we had a fabulous time. At intermission, Sawyer was ready to go. Like, done. He'd had no nap at that point and was completely overstimulated. He quite literally had a meltdown and finally passed out in my lap. He slept through the second part (I still don't understand how – so loud!), and woke up on the walk back to the car super happy and rested. He did pass out on the way home and slept through a pajama change and then through the night. So I think it's safe to say the circus wore him out...

Oh, and my parents purchased seats five rows from the floor. I can never go to the circus again without sitting that close. Amazing. And completely spoiled.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...