May 21, 2009


cayden's here!

after a short night of sleep, jeremy and i headed for the hospital around 4:40 a.m. yesterday morning. we were supposed to be there at 5 a.m., and, as usual, we were a few minutes late. no worries though - they were ready for us.

we got settled into our room (the rooms are really nice!) and i got hooked up to my iv. i was examined and was sitting at 3 cm. our nurse (who was incredible all day long) started my pitocin drip and the on-call doctor came in to break my water. after my water was broken, the contractions starting getting progressively more intense and more steady. they were starting to get pretty uncomfortable and the nurse checked me again - i was at 5 cm.

just in time the anesthesiologist showed up and saved the day. while it took all the pain away from the contractions, it also took away the feeling in my legs. talk about a strange feeling! i had to keep asking jeremy to move my legs for me. very strange when i knew my brain was telling them to move and nothing was happening!

either way, after an hour, the nurse decided to check me again, and voila!, i was at 10 cm. the room was prepped and i started pushing around 11:45 a.m. and about eight contractions later, he was born at 12:33 p.m. weighing in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and 20.5 inches long. he's beautiful and we're both completely in love...

as far as looks? he looks a lot like me when i was born, but he definitely has jeremy's lips and chin. his eyes are still a steel blue/gray; we expect those to turn darker to green or brown most likely. his hair is blonde at the moment, with a tint of red to it - so it could go either way...

we can't wait to bring him home tomorrow and share him with the world...





2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay!! I'm ready for you to bring him home, too!! (it secretly makes me VERY happy to see you used 2 of the photos I took:)) I love you!!!

Unknown said...

A very, very cool and amazing post – to say the least! All our best wishes and love you two, and of course to the new kid on the block, Cayden himself. – Tom, Jennifer, Buddie & Jack

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...