April 16, 2010


five years {& counting}

today, my husband and i celebrate five years of being married. five years! that's crazy talk. we've been together for almost nine, so five really shouldn't seem like such a big deal. but it is.

i remember on our honeymoon that we agreed that on our fifth anniversary, we would come back to the exact same spot {windjammer landing/st. lucia}. well, times have definitely changed. we were blessed with cayden last spring AND we were finally blessed with a new home just a little under a month ago. so suffice it to say, we didn't exactly have the funding to go on a big trip this year. but that's ok {we have a small beach trip planned for end of the month}. we love where we are in life and look forward to hopefully saving up for a big trip on our tenth anniversary. {who knows what might happen between now and then though.}

instead, we're going out to dinner – just the two of us. it'll be nice to relax for a couple of hours and talk about how we've come to be where we are.

sweetheart, i can't wait to spend the next five, ten, even fifty {if we're lucky} years with you. you make life so wonderful for us all...

{and a few photos from the big day. we look like babies!}


me walking in for our first "look" at each other. & our very happy exit.


all the grandmother's at the ceremony {one of my favorites}


a couple of kisses in the garden at the reception


jeremy embarrassing his mama


our beautiful mamas at the reception

edited to add: i originally posted this on our five year anniversary, but wanted to join the twitter june blog hop... so here ya go!


10 comments:

Jen said...

Happy anniversary! Love the wedding photos! :) Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Rachel said...

Gah, I love that photo of mom and Becky. It's a great one! Happy Anniversary again, can't wait to keep my sweet nephew tonight for you guys!

Rachel said...

wow, and just realized that is me in the background of that photo with Jeromy...yikes!!

ashley said...

Happy Anniversary! Loved your pictures!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!

Miranda said...

Cute pics! Happy five years and two months!

Suzanne said...

Happy anniversary! I love the grandma pic too. And the one of you two under the veil - I have a picture of my sister and I like that (not kissing, just laughing) and it's one of my favorites.

Unknown said...

I love that picture of your grandmothers together. That would be one of my favorites too.

The Ludwigs said...

You look so young! I love that grandma picture - it's so nice they were able to celebrate with you.

Ry's Mama said...

I just stopped by on the twitter wedding hop! We were married almost 5 years ago...good year. I love your grandma shot that you shared. I did something similar. Also? We both went to the caribbean for our honeymoon. I'm your latest follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...