April 12, 2010


made with love


when i was little, my grandmother made all of her granddaughters a quilt. each one of them was different. and i think most of my cousins would agree, that it's one thing we'll always have to remember her by.

for years {and years and years}, my quilt has been stored away. i've never once used it on my bed because it doesn't really fit my/our style. yesterday, we were heading out to barber motorsports park to watch alabama's first indy race. and i had one of those eureka! moments. why not take my grandmother's quilt out and actually enjoy it? i'm pretty sure she'd rather it get dirty and all worn instead of it just sitting in our attic somewhere.

and can i tell you? it was perfect. the ground was damp, yet our backends stayed dry. it was awesome, and i can't wait to get out and use it more. it'll become a great memory for cayden one day by using it this way... and you know, i'm hoping i'll be able to pass it down for someone else to love someday too.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

ok seriously, this brought tears to my eyes...miss them both SO MUCH! I used mine when I was in the apartment by myself and loved every minute of it. I just need to find it in the new house...

pharmgurhl said...

things like that are just so precious....cheers to quilts made by special people!

Susan said...

Oh, how special!! So glad you decided to use that BEAUTIFUL quilt.

It was sewn with love, just for you.

Enjoy♥

ashley said...

I have a blanket that my great-grandmother made. I'm so scared to use it! But after reading this, I think I might be pulling it out sometime soon. Maybe B will take me on a romantic picnic. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...