May 13, 2013


yo ho, let's go!

Pirates_1
Pirates_2
Pirates_3
Pirates_4
Pirates_5

Cayden requested that his and Sawyer's joint birthday party be all about Jake and the Never Land Pirates this year. And this mama is happy to oblige. And very happy to create costumes for our littles to feature on their invitation... and to wear day of the upcoming party. I think Cayden would probably have slept in his Jake get-up last night if I had let him! I'd say that's a good sign that this mama did okay with making him look like Jake.

I did have to bribe the boys with candy to get the perfect shot for their invite. Which was both a brilliant and stupid idea all the same. Brilliant because I could get Sawyer to look at the camera, say "CHEESE!!!" And he'd then walk away immediately asking for more. Stupid idea because, duh, kids on a sugar high are almost impossible to get to stand still for a photo. It was a learning experience. But overall a fun time.

These are just a few of the photos from the shoot with Jake and Cubby. I was going to let both boys be Jake, but Cayden put a stop to that real quick-like. And you know what? That's cool. I think both boys looks ridiculously cute... even if Sawyer's vest/shirt are a little too big. Gives it character, right? Ha! Looking forward to getting their invitations completed and then moving on to party-planning mode...

5 comments:

Tracy Wood Franklin said...

awesome!!! Cant wait... Baker will have to come as tinkerbell! or Izzy. ha! Remind me to show them the video my brother sent baker of him and Skarky and Bones!

becca @ sewLOVED said...

I love that Baker loves to dress up for these kinds of things! And the boys will die to see a video. Fun!

mandie said...

You are amazing, lady! ANd these photos are beautiful!!

becca @ sewLOVED said...

Aw, thanks Mandie! And I have the sun and a patient husband to thank for the photos =)

ObjectivityRach said...

Oh my goodness these are ADORABLE pictures!! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...