June 3, 2013


our boys. in silhouette.

Boys In Silhouette

Now that both of our moms have their mother's day presents (yes, I know it's June, but sometimes these things take time!), I can safely share this little print I did of the boys. Back when I shared this little photo shoot, it was in preparation for this piece of art. And I couldn't possibly give one to both of our moms without printing one for us to keep too!

I love so many things that this silhouette captures: How Cayden's pants are way too long and are pooling at his feet; how Sawyer's pants are too long and have cuffs; Cayden's arm wrapped around his brother; Sawyer's little curls sticking out; the tilt of Cayden's head; Sawyer's little fingers pointing out to the side. I could go on, but I think you get it.

This was my first attempt at doing a full body, multiple person silhouette and I can't quite express with how happy I am with how this project ended up. Thinking of maybe adding this option to the shop for silhouettes. What do you guys think?

2 comments:

Ashley S said...

This is precious!! You are so talented! Do you do dogs as well?

becca @ sewLOVED said...

You know it! https://www.etsy.com/listing/70321132/custom-art-pet-silhouette-5-x-7?ref=shop_home_active

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...