January 25, 2010


first knitted project

over new years weekend, my mom taught me and my sister how to knit. i'd wanted to learn forever, and now i can! i only know one stitch so far. (tried to teach myself how to purl last night and it was a disaster; thankfully mom is coming this weekend and she can teach me that.) i had big plans for this great big scarf so i insisted on casting on 40 stitches. that's a lot. as i got further into the project, i realized that a scarf that wide would take forever. quite literally.

the ginormous scarf turned into a cowl scarf. just a cowl? either way, you know what i mean. i'm kind of proud of how it turned out too. there are a couple of mis-knits (?) at the beginning, but because this piece is a circle, they hide perfectly in the back - under my hair...

speaking of, my hair's getting crazy-long. well, for me it is.

i also knit up an ear-warmer last night. stay tuned for that post. and i'm thinking these things might be etsy-worth (as my ear-warmer had no mis-knits in it! yay!).

ok, here's my final product. and me lookin' like the dork that i am...

3 comments:

ashley said...

I love it!! You should make and put on Etsy.

Rebecca Kilgore Smith said...

Rebecca, that looks great! You did a really good job.

After the last few days, I could use a nose mitt.

emily bilbrey said...

i stumbled across your blog while visiting smonk you's - just wanted to say hello! your crafts are all tdf (i craft too; i'm working my way toward etsy!) and your son is completely adorable (my daughter poppy is a month older, born 4.11.09)

best of luck with your new knitting skills! super cute blog.

cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...