January 4, 2010


red nose run

so jeremy and i are supposed to run a 5k this weekend in birmingham. on saturday morning, we tried to run at my parents house in tennessee. with a wind chill of five degrees. instant pain. and chapped/wind burned cheeks.

looking ahead to saturday, it's only supposed to be a high in the thirties. the run is at 8:30 in the morning. who wants to take bets that it's still in the teens with wind chills even lower? i'm cold just thinking about it.

we're starting to think we might just donate our entry funds to this race and stay in bed. or at least inside.


1 comment:

pharmgurhl said...

brrrrrr!!!! When i ran in the jingle Bell run...it was 42 degrees...IN FLORIDA!!! I had no 'running pants'..so I braved the cold in my shorts! eek! it was C.O.L.D. My chest wasn't the same for weeks. the cold air really burns if you aren't used to it. No shame in sitting this one out with it being the thirties!!! I'll be doing a 1/2 marathon relay in Feb. with some of my Hoffman peeps. Guess we'll see how that goes....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...