April 16, 2013


So, are you like, a runner now?


Those words were posed to me just this past Sunday. And I stuttered and didn't really know how to respond. At first, I was all like, "Well, no, not really." And then I was like, "Well, actually, yeah. I guess I am. We run about four times a week. I actually just bought new running shoes."

And I realized that I am a runner. I'm not fast. I'm not efficient. But I do it. And I really enjoy it. Days that we don't get to go, I find myself missing it. So yeah, I'm a runner.

Boston hit hard yesterday. I know it hit a lot of people hard. I don't think ever in my wildest dreams that I'll run a marathon (maybe a half one day?), but I do know what it feels like on race day.

The hours people have spent prepping for this one day.
It was all taken away from them.

The joy onlookers feel for their friends and family crossing the finish line.
It was all taken away from them.

Lives were lost. Limbs were lost. Y'all, it's just ugly. This world... it's just entirely too ugly. Love, not hate, is the way to go. God is good. Love. It's simple. Stop the hate. Love each other. Care for each other. Give hugs. Give prayers.

Give. Love.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...